all about Me and my studio ~
(RICKY'S ART & CRAFT STUDIO)
Questions often asked to me.
- Hi girly! Do you have a nickname?Yes I do have many ~ Nanao, Pixy, Mandark
- Where are you from?North-East India
- Why did you start crafting? After I completed my graduation and was staying idly at home, I realized my super-power – Crafting, Designing and Watercoloring. Crafting is just therapeutic to me. Its the alternate to meditation !
- How long have you been crafting? Like for 6-7 years
- What is your go to craft? I usually go for bookmarks, pocket-letters and self-designed postcards because its easy to send to my penpals through snailmails without tossing the envelope haphazardly with all cute junk items and without tearing it up.
- Tools are essential, what do you gravitate toward while creating? I love paper punches because it saves lots of times and energy. I also love collecting lots of lovely stationary papers, washi tapes, different colored pens and stickers. It helps to ease up creating my pocket-letters without too much hardwork at a short span of time. All the more, the different colors and patterns helps me to be more creative and play with them.
- Creative spaces have always interested me, what is your craft space like? My creative space is a large airy, cozy room where the sunshine lightens up the room at the very early morning. You can find all the necessary items to give a start with crafting. It also consists of a bamboo book rack where I keep all my favourite books and a creative desk where i do all my creations. And at night you can see my room all getting enlightened with fairy lights and mason-jar lamps.
- Do you have a crafting routine? (for example, drinks, music, youtube, movies, food, time, etc.) Yes I do love crafting in leisure or during my weekends. Usually I listen to K-Pop songs especially BTS (Bangtan Boys ) songs while doing crafting. I also make sure that there is a cool drink like lemonade or cola to take a sip in between my crafting hours. Once my crafting is done, I thoroughly clean my room as a healthy ritual.
- Where do you usually buy your supplies? (if you say online or etsy, where?) I go to my local dollarstore called ‘Stationary World’ which is about three miles away from my home. During my working days I take a cab to reach there but if it is a holiday I opt to walk down the lane to the dollarstore enjoying the day roaming around my beautiful town on the way.
- On the topic of shopping, do you have any money saving tips? I believe there are many items that you can find at your home itself to make craft rather than buying them in stores. All you need is a bit of color, glitter, washi-tapes and imagination to make anything dull look gorgeous. Just spark up your creative mind!
- Is there a particular style or theme you would like to become popular in the industry? I want to establish my own brand of self-designed washi-tapes and stationary papers. I hope someday I will make this dream come true. For the meantime I am designing for spoonflower. You may pay visit to my shop here http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/maibam_ricky_devi?sub_action=designs
- By the way, do you have a favorite style or medium to work with? (Medium-materials that are used to create art) If talked about creating digital art I usually go for using softwares like Photoshop and GIMP. And for crafting I use various type of papers – like handmade, crepe, card-papers, sponge-papers etc.
- Is there a technique, tool, style you would like to try? I would love to try making flipbooks and creating stickers with Prismacolor colored pencils. I am really fascinated with the idea of hobonichi diaries and drawings of BONBON stickers at Pinkoi.
- I feel like there is a never ending list of projects I want to make, what projects are on your list? Right now I am working to know more about video-editing and water-coloring.
- What do you usually create the most of? Pocket-Letters, Postcards and Bookmarks
- What do you do to inspire your creativity when your creativity feels blocked? I watch youtube videos of little Hot Tamale, Sara Beauty Corner, Janette Lane, rainbowholicTV, LaurDIY, Maybaby, Housetohome, PinsandThings, Pear Fleur. They give me such a wonderful boost for creating something speacial. Apart from that I also watch Karlie Klose youtube channel ‘Klossy’. That girl is amazing – I mean how many supermodels have you seen doing higher technical education. As a STEM student myself, watching her videos inspire me a lot (to do something new and creative without concerning what others would think) when I needed most!
- Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer? Why? I am more of a gatherer because it helps me to be more creative and innovative ~
- You’re a new addition to a crayon box, what color would you be and why? (the mega box with crazy names, color shade and name) I would choose pink because it makes anything look lovely
- Which super power would you like to have? Why? I wish I had the superpower to fly. Because If I have that I would fly anywhere in the world and meet some amazing crafty people….okay any amazing person..lol ^_^
- Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours? I am a stationary addict. I can’t resist buying pretty stationary things even if I already have them. I hope someday I will own a Muji Mall
- Do you have any special talents? I dont consider it as a talent but I love writing blogs about my daily life, and I am highly interested in gardening and water-coloring. Also I can edit any photo according to one’s random choice..Haha!!
Thanks for your love and support…